Yes, pumpkin palooza continues with this little goodie. I STILL can’t find my favorite pumpkin bread recipe, which was almost like a pound cake! So I adapted one from this muffin recipe. I can never say no to streusel.
- 1c all purpose flour
- 1/2c whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2c cake flour (or use any flour to make 2 cups)
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp each pie spice, cinnamon
- 1/2tsp each cardamom, allspice
- 1/4 tsp each nutmeg, salt
- 3 TBS softened butter
- 1/2c brown sugar
- 1/4c granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2c buttermilk (or yogurt thinned with milk or water- I used the pumpkin liquid from making the puree)
- 1c pumpkin puree
- 1/3c dried cranberries (I think I would use more next time)
- 1/3c chopped walnuts (I planned on using green pepitas, but it turns out I was out of them)
- 2TBS cold butter
- 3TBS brown sugar
- 3TBS flour
Mix together in a bowl and using a fork cut the butter into the flour mix until it is like crumbs.
Preheat oven to 375
Sift together the dry ingredients.
Beat butter and sugar together until creamy. Blend in the eggs, pumpkin, buttermilk. Stir the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture until just combined, and then stir in the cranberries and walnuts.
Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan and top with the streusel. Bake for 40 minutes
More pumpkin recipes on my “to-try” list:
- No-Bake Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Double Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Spiced Pumpkin Donuts
- Pumpkin Aebelskiver
- Vegan Swirled Cheesecake Pumpkin Pie
- Rum Raisin Pumpkin Bread Pudding