So this week, I didn’t stray from my rules, and I did a lot of cooking with the ingredients I had, and a few quickie meals from the freezer stock, but I am disappointed in one thing. We bought too much new produce without finishing the old ones. Next week Im going to try to buy no fruits and vegs unless these are completely used up!
This week we bought:
- Bag of 7 lemons (for same price as 2 lemons, so bag made sense)
- Bag of 4 avocado (same as lemons)
- 6 bananas
- Bag of locally grown boy choi
- 2 locally grown sweet potatoes
- .33lb cremini mushrooms
- bunch of scallions
- 3 clementine tangerines
- 1 meyer lemon (couldnt resist!)
- the following herbs: cilantro, mint, fenugreek (methi), curry leaves
- and also 1/2 gallon of milk
Next week I hope to really do better and buy less than 5 items!!
For the full story check out my page.